Using the Advanced Rostering, you can record the hours your operators work and their hourly rates, which in turn generates for you the Wages Report.
If you haven't already setup your Advanced Rostering via the Advanced Rostering (Part 1)—roster types & operator hours article, click here to do so first.
Then you will be ready to setup your Roster to record your staff hours and their individual hourly rates earned per shift. Your Wages Report will be automatically generated based on the hours and rates in your Roster.
If you don't need to track wages, then use the Simple Rostering—click here to see how to set it up in a few very simple steps.
Setting up your Roster Rate Types in Advanced Rostering.
Go to Admin, choose Rostering, and click New in the Roster Rates Type section.
You will already have your Standard Rate there, so click New to create another roster rate type. On the right side panel give it a name, and Save.
Keep adding in all of your Roster Rate Types until you've covered all of the different rates you have available to your staff.
Assigning the Roster Rate Types to your staff operators.
Go to Admin, then into your Operators tab, and click the Roster Rates link next to one of your operators.
Edit the Standard Rate.
On the right side panel enter in this operators individual Standard Rate, and Save.
If this operator also has the ability to earn a different rate i.e. Public Holiday rate or Double Time rate etc, click the New Roster Rate link to add another one for this operator.
On the right side panel, enter in the operators hourly rate for the roster rate type, and Save.
Keep adding in New Roster Rates until this operator has been assigned all of their possible hourly rates.
Do this for all of your operators.
Using the Roster to record the hours and hourly rates each operator earns.
The simplest way to roster your operators is to first roster everyone off, then open up the time that each operator is rostered on.
Go to Settings, into Roster Settings and tick Automatically Roster Operators Off.
Your Appointment page will now look like this. Each operator column is shaded, everyone is rostered off.
Well, this won't do will it? We need to open up the time when each operator is working to allow for bookings to made in their columns.
Now we need to open up the time when each operator is working to allow for bookings to made in their columns. Go to the Roster.
Let's roster on Danny. Click the + next to your operator, and on the right side panel you can fill in the roster item details.
- Select your Rostered On from the Roster Type drop down menu
- Tick All for Service Available, or choose specific services the operator can perform during this shift
- Select the start & finish Item Time (make sure start and finish times are am and pm accordingly)
- Tick the days of the week you're rostering him on for i.e. Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Tick Allow Online Bookings if you would also like to make this time available for clients to book in with this operator via your Online Bookings site (check out the Online Bookings article for more info).
Save the details, and the operator has been rostered on.
This time on these days will be opened up in the Appointment.
Follow these same steps to roster each operator on for all the days and times they work.
Repeating the Roster.
If your operator(s) work these same shifts every week, fortnightly, monthly etc - you can repeat theRoster accordingly. Tick the operator and click Repeat Selected.
You can repeat the weeks roster Weekly, Fortnightly, Every 3 Weeks, or Monthly (Every 4 Weeks), for how ever many weeks you'd like.
Click Repeat, and then OK when you're sure.
Continue to roster on all of your staff to open up the time which they are working in their appointment column.
Note: At the bottom of your Roster, you have the following options:
- Repeat Selected: Tick the operator(s) and Repeat Selected, which will repeat their weeks roster Weekly, Fortnightly, Every 3 Weeks, or Monthly (Every 4 Weeks), for how ever many weeks you'd like.
- Email Selected: Tick the operator(s) and Email Selected to email the operators their roster.
- Clear Selected: Tick the operator(s) and Clear Selected to delete roster items. You can also choose to only delete the current weeks items, the current weeks items including all 'Do Not Overwrite' items, all future items, and all future items including 'Do Not Overwrite' items.
- Allow Online Bookings for all Roster Items: This will open up all of the existing roster items to be available for clients to book online appointments into these time slots.
Using the Wages Report to track hours worked and wages earned.
Go to Reporting, then into the Report List, and scroll right down to the bottom of the list and select the Wages Report.
You can change the date range if you wish. Click the Wage Details link to see any one operators wage details.
There you have it—now you know how to create your Roster Rate Types, assign them to your operators, record your operators hours in the roster, assign each shift the hourly rate, and use the Wages Report to track your operators hours and what they have earned.